My sister and I are always looking for quick meals during the week. This was my choice today. It’s quick and easy. You don’t even miss the meat!
1.5 medium yellow onions
1 pack of Trader Joes soy chorizo
1 pack salad mix (your choice)
1 ripe avocado
1 pack baby portobella mushrooms (Trader Joes)
1 jar of Trader Giotto’s Arrabiata Sauce
Red wine of your choice
1 pack of whole grain linguine
4 tablespoons of Olive Oil
1. Add 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil to a sauce pan and heat
2. Dice one onion and add to pan over medium heat for 5 min.
3. Prepare portobella mushrooms and add to onion and oil.
4. Add chorizo to mixture and let simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
5. Add entire jar of Arabiatta sauce and let simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add 3 tablespoons of red wine and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
1. Fill a large pot 1/2 way with water. Add 1 tablesppon of olive oil, a dash of salt, and a tablespoon of red wine.
2. Bring to a boil
3. Add pack a whole wheat linguine and cook to desired level. For al dente no more than 10 minutes.
1. Dice 1/2 onion and place in a bowl with 1/4 cup of red wine.
2. Place in microwave for 90 seconds.
3. Mix salad with 1/4 pack of mushrooms, 1 sliced avocado.
4. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
5. Mix 1 tablespoon of olive oil with wine and onion mixture and drizzle on top of salad.
6. Toss to coat.