We didn’t feel like cooking Friday night, so we just grabbed whatever we had a threw it in a pot. This sounds a bit like a recipe for disaster, but you be the judge.
- Trader joes vegetarian chorizo
- Can of black beans
- 1/2 Bell pepper
- Salad mix of your choice
- Shredded cheese
- 1 avocado
- Optional: smoked paprika or chili powder
- In a large pan add a small amount of oil, chorizo, and black beans (drained and 1/2 cup water added).
- Heat on medium until warmed through.
- Dice 1/2 of the pepper and add to simmering mixture.
- Sprinkle the smoked paprika or chili to taste if desired. We also added a dash of adobo and salt to bring the flavor a together.
- Prepare a plate or bowl with your salad mix. We used one of the ready packed bags from traders joes and split it in half between the two of us.
- Mix together the all ingredients still simmering in the pan. You may want to add a small amount of water to keep the mixture moist. Turn off heat after simmering complete mixture for 5 min.
- Slice an avocado using 1/4 for each serving.
- Scoop 1/4 of the mixture on top of your salad. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and garnish with avocado.
The mix easily serves 4.