disclaimer: this is what my husband named this dish. Please don’t be disappointed when you realize it has nothing to do with the jungle.
I crave curry or something with coconut at least once a week. This vegetarian dish satisfies both cravings, and is loaded to nutrients and protein.
1 can of coconut milk
2-3 potatoes of your choice. (We used a Japanese sweet potato, russet potato, and a sweet potato)
1/3 cup snap peas
Vegetarian meat option (we used veggie gyros)
1 bell pepper
1 tsp Thai red chili paste (you can add more if you like more spice)
- Wash and chop potatoes into bit size chunks
- In a large saucepan heat 1tbsp of olive oil
- Once warm, add potatoes and sauté on medium heat until almost cooked through ~8 min
- While the potatoes are cooking, rinse the broccoli and snap peas and cut/drain. Then add to the mixture.
- Let cook for 3 min and then add 3/4 of the can of coconut milk
- Stir well
- While the mixture continues to simmer, in a measuring cup add 1/2 cup of water, the remaining coconut milk and a tbsp of curry powder. Stir until fully blended, and then slowly add the pan while stirring.
- Add chopped bell pepper and continue to stir for another 3 min
- Then mix in meat substitute and let simmer until warmed through.
- Mix in chili paste well
- Let simmer for 5 more minutes and then top with diced avocado.
We ate it with warm naan and enjoyed some refreshing coconut water.