I mostly hate chia seeds. They are weird and create strange textures. I do believe in giving something a chance, so I decided to try the trader joes super seed blend. It has chia seed, buckwheat, shelled hemp seed, cranberry and coconut chips. I figured worst case scenario the other ingredients would overpower the chia.
My first attempt was using the mixture in lieu of granola for a quick snack.
– 1 single serve plain Greek yogurt
– 1/4 ripe mango
– 1-2 tsp of trader joes super seed blend- 1 tbsp of honey
– 1 tsp of fresh grated ginger
- Mix ginger and honey in a microwave safe dish and warm in the microwave for 1:30.
- Let mixture cool
- Chop mango if not precut
- In another bowl scoop contents of yogurt
- Add mango
- Sprinkle super seed mix
- Check that honey has cooled.
- If you don’t like eating fresh ginger, you can remove it from the honey. We love it, so I kept it in.
- Drizzle ginger honey over yogurt, honey, and seeds.
Not bad chia…not bad.