After a rather indulgent adventure to 3 Asian grocery stores in one day, I couldn’t justify buying lunch this week. Most would assume that all we bought were Asian good, but these stores really offer the full range of everything you need for a delicious meal. We also stopped at Trader Joes for good measure. Try this salad, and thank us later!
- 1/4 pack of trader joes cruciferous crunch salad mix. If you don’t have this, your favorite shredded greens will do. We like this because it is nutrient rich and the crunch is an awesome added bonus.
- 1/4 bell pepper diced
- 1/8 pack Trader joes ready to eat lentils (these were leftovers from the night before) you can use and bean you like. Black beans or chick peas would also be delicious. It is about a 1/3-1/2 cup.
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese. We used a Mexican blend.
- If you aren’t into the vegetarian option, you can add protein of your choice. One option if you don’t have much time is canned fish or chicken. Before you say it’s gross, try the ones at trader joes and hold the judgement.
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: Japanese 7 spice seasoning (schichimi toga rashi) we used a yuzu infused schichimi because we like a little kick!
- Toss all ingredients except beans and spices in a bowl and mix.
- Use a fork to slightly crush the avocado. We do this because we rarely use salad dressing and it makes the avocado a bit creamy like a dressing.
- Then add the beans and mix.
- Lastly, season to taste and Bon appetit!