On our sister-site Coup de Coiff, we recently posted about the health benefits of basil. That post inspired us to consider how we could creatively incorporate it into our daily diet more frequently. We scoured the internet to find the best lists of go-to Basil recipes. Check them out and let us know what you think!
As a bonus, here’s one of our go-to breakfast recipes!
Breakfast Basil scramble
What you’ll need:
1/2 cup of fresh, raw basil chopped
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes in quarters w/ excess juices drained
1/4 cup of fresh mozzarella
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
- beat eggs until frothy
- warm a non stick skillet with 1 tsp olive oil
- add tomatoes to warm skillet until warmed through
- over low heat add eggs and let them simmer for about 30 seconds (you wills tart to see the bottom solidify
- then add 1 cup of chopped basil and scramble until cooked to your desired level
- remove from heat and season tot aste with salt and pepper
- top with fresh mozzarella (optional pop into the toaster over for a few minutes to melt and slightly crisp the cheese)
- serve atop a salad, inside a breakfast burrito, or alongside toast
Best of Basil
Because summer will be here, eventually!
Check out the cantaloupe salad in the link above. It made us think of summer, and we can’t wait to eat it!